Friday, March 28, 2008

Bigger and Better

After all my hard work and creative redesign and modification of my crate structure, E&A have given me an upgrade! It seems that they didn't like the modified style of disconnected welds and bent bars. I mean it was an Incredible Hulk type of statement, even if all that would fit through was my nose! But when I spread them enough that I stretched the latch housing and the latch fell out... Well, their confidence on my containment plummeted. I just miss them so much when they're gone!

Since I'm on the small side for a GSD, it was a bit of a debate if I should get a bigger size in addition to a stronger mesh grid. E really likes how my ears poke up through the top of the crate when I sit in there. But E and A debated about what the crate makers meant by ability to comfortably turn around. After some consideration, they went for the bigger size too! Yippee - it's like being in the penthouse suite!

So after some opportunites to test it out, those vertical barsa don't seem to bend. But my tongue still fits through! I don't want to divulge all my secrets, but I have a little something that I do during the day that leaves a bit of a slobber puddle beneath the latches. E came home early today - didn't tell me that he wasn't going to work. And when he went to let me out, he found that the latches were a bit slimy and didn't lilke that much. Shame!

But my new crate is shiny and bigger and stronger. What dog could ask for more? I hope we can find a happy home for my old crate...maybe my old friends at VGSR could use it? We'll see.

No comments: