Friday, March 7, 2008

That Annoying Itch

When I joined E&A, they already knew what some signs of stress were that I would probably exhibit. One common behavior is scratching as a stress relief. Every now and then I would just sit down and scratch at my ear to sooth or relax myself after a stressful moment. But after my stay at the kennel over Christmas I found myself scratching more and more. E&A started taking my collar off at night so the jingling wouldn't wake them. I started scratching more than just my ear, I was scratching my elbows and armpits and then I also started biting and licking a spot on my stomach too. I could tell that A was concerned and knew that I was in some discomfort. Eventually, we went to the vet to let them have a look at it. The vet said that the spot on my tummy was a bacterial infection, so she gave me an antibiotic to eat with my breakfast for 3 weeks. She wasn't positive exactly what was causing the irritation on my ears and forelegs, but she suspected that it was due to a particular type of mite. Ew! So she gave me a shot right between my shoulder blades. Grrr! Ow! I had to go back two more times to for the shots again. I did NOT like it the second time and E said I screamed like a girl! It hurt! But the good news is I don't itch anymore!

R

No comments: